Compass’ mission and philosophy are founded on the premise that when students are schooled in a safe and comfortable environment with rigorous and relevant learning opportunities, they will achieve excellence. Therefore, our educational program focuses on two main areas that encompass this belief.
Academic : Compass will…
- Implement the Understanding by Design framework to ensure performance-based learning, which requires students to demonstrate mastery based on high, clear, and commonly-shared expectations .
- Provide students with opportunities to enroll in courses for concurrent college credits.
- Provide a learning environment designed for the Next Generation Learner, including:
- A technology-rich learning environment
- Constructive learning experiences through both the geographic and the Internet-connected community
- Personalized learning based on data-driven goals for instruction
- Curriculum and instruction to encourage students to make real-world connections
Culture: Compass will…
- Offer opportunities for students to develop professional work skills through in-school and community-based service and apprenticeships.
- Encourage students to develop self-discipline and take responsibility for their own behavior through implementation of Love and Logic’s ™One School Rule.
- Support students in their learning and demonstration of strong character traits. Compass also acknowledges their success through regular self-evaluation and school-wide recognition.
- Help students to cultivate their authentic student voice through leadership opportunities.
- Value parents as partners in their students’ education.